Tracking Our World
Orbital Systems, Ltd. designs and manufactures antenna positioners and complete front end systems that meet the high performance, accuracy, and high reliability needs of demanding tracking applications such as Earth Observation Satellites (EOS) Direct Broadcast (DB), Telemetry and Control (TT&C), UAV/RPV tracking, RADAR, Search & Rescue (SARSAT), and general Satellite uplink and downlink applications.
Downtime and maintenance due to system failures are costly. Orbital Systems set out to develop ground station products that have excellent Mean Time Between Failure (MTBF) and low Mean Time to Repair (MTTR). They are designed to need very little preventative maintenance over the course of their lifecycle. The key distinction of all Orbital products is that they are engineered and built to the highest level of performance in their class while being very reliable.
Superior performance and reliability is the result of engineering innovation, higher quality material choices, and manufacturing excellence. When new products are designed, the root causes of conventional product failures are analyzed, and design alternatives are chosen that eliminate the problem. Orbital Systems is vertically integrated and manufactures over 95% of the metal parts used in our positioners in house, and also designs and builds all major electronic subsystems used in our products. Our mechanical engineering and manufacturing use the latest technology in 3D modeling, CAD, CAM, and CNC technology.
To design, manufacture and test products like these requires special facilities. Take a virtual tour of our excellent development and manufacturing facilities here.
Steady growth and customer loyalty attest that Orbital Systems delivers the lowest long term cost of ownership and best price/performance available anywhere in the world, and we support our customers like no other.
- 5.0m X Band GeoScience and 2.4m XL Band EOS antenna systems for NDMI in Ulsan, South Korea
- Ka Band 2.8m antenna in Longyearbyen, Svalbard Island for Kongsberg Satellite Services AS
- Four X-L Band 2.4m EOS antenna systems installed in Australia and Antarctica for Australian Bureau of Meteorology
- 3.0m S Band TT&C antenna in Logan, Utah for the Space Dynamics Laboratory
- Eleven TT&C 3.7m and 5.0m S Band antennas installed for launch operations at Kodiak Is, Cape Canaveral, Vandenberg AFB, Libreville, Gabon, Bermuda Is, and Newfoundland.
- Read more…